Know How to Change YouTube Channel Name Without Google Account Name, Here’s how
YouTube has finally made it possible for creators to change their channel’s name without changing the name associated with their Google account. Going forward, you can easily change your YouTube channel’s name without worrying about the name you’ve used in your Google account. In this article, we will show you how to change the name of your YouTube channel on desktop and mobile (Android and iOS) with ease.
YouTube now lets creators change their YouTube channel name and profile picture to better reflect the content they’re creating. We’ve got instructions on how to do it.
YouTube says the ability to seamlessly rename a YouTube channel was a top request from creators. Before you go ahead and change your channel’s name, you should keep in mind that you’ll lose your verification badge when you rename the account. However, you can always reapply for verification to get the badge back. Moreover, this change doesn’t affect the custom URLs and musical notes icon for artist channels.
YouTube creators are finally getting a highly requested new feature. Creators are now able to easily change their YouTube channel name and profile picture to better reflect their content — without updating the name and photo associated with their Google account.
The change will help keep your YouTube name and content separate from your Google services, such as Gmail and Google Docs. That way if you need to send an email for school or work, your real name will appear, not your YouTube name.
Important note: If you’re verified on YouTube and change your channel name, you’ll lose your verification badge and need to reapply. But there will be no impact on your custom URL or Official Channel Music Note if you change your name.
How to change your YouTube channel name and profile picture on desktop
1. Sign into YouTube Studio.
2. To change your name: From the left menu, select Customization > Basic Info. Click Edit to update your channel name and enter your new name. Click Publish.
3. To change your profile picture: From the left menu, select Customization > Branding. Click Upload and select an image. Adjust the size of your picture, and click Done. Click Publish.
1. Open YouTube Studio, navigate to the ‘Customization’ section from the left panel and switch to the ‘Basic Info’ tab.
2. In the Basic Info tab, enter the new name of your YouTube account and click on ‘Publish’ to save the changes.
How to change your YouTube channel name and profile picture on mobile
1. Open the YouTube app, and tap your profile picture.
2. Tap Your channel > Edit channel.
3. To change your name, enter your updated name and tap OK.
4. To change your profile picture, tap your picture, and select an existing photo or take a new one. Tap Save.
1. Open the YouTube app and tap on your profile picture at the top-right corner to access the list of options. From here, tap ‘Your channel.’
2. When your channel’s page opens, tap on ‘Edit Channel’. Press the pencil icon next to your channel name on the next page, enter the new name, and then hit ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Rename Your YouTube Channel with Ease
So, that’s how you change your YouTube account’s name without making changes to your Google account. Do not forget to share this article with your creator friends who are planning to change their channel’s name in the foreseeable future. In addition, if you are a budding creator, make sure you hop onto the YouTube Shorts hype train and put some of these YouTube Shorts tips and tricks to good use.