Lockdown E-Pass in Uttar Pradesh: How to Apply Online for Travel in the State
Due to an increase in COVID-19 incidents, the lockdown in Uttar Pradesh has been extended until May 10 morning, and residents must now have an e-pass to travel during the lockdown. E-passes will be issued by the state government for both intra-district and inter-district travel. The government has released a notice outlining which critical service workers are free to travel after receiving a pass. The Uttar Pradesh government has added a new section to its official website to assist in the application process for an e-pass.
People employed in factories, medical supplies, e-commerce activities, medical emergencies, and print and electronic media, according to a notice released by the Uttar Pradesh government. The e-pass will be valid during the lockout, and obtaining one is as simple as filling out an online application form.
How to apply for e-pass during Uttar Pradesh lockdown-
- Visit the Uttar Pradesh government website.
- Click the Apply for ePass on the top right corner of the window.
- You will be asked for your phone number so that the government can register you and send an OTP.
- Punch in the Captcha, and click Generate OTP
- Once you get the OTP, type in the code and you will be taken to the e-pass application form.
- Punch in your details like name, address, telephone number, district, tehsil, pass area, an ID proof, your photo and vehicle type.
- In ID proof, you can use any government-issued ID, including PAN/ Voter/ Aadhar Card/ Licence.
- The size of the soft copy should not be more than 200KB
- Click on the checkbox asking for your acknowledgement.
- Now, hit the Submit button. Soon you will be issued an e-pass.
It should be remembered that the decision on whether or not to extend the restrictions will be made on Sunday. Those that have appointments for vaccinations can also switch during the lockdown.