How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Your Pixel Phone
Google recently released the developer preview of the latest Android operating system, Android 14. This early version is available to developers and beta testers who want to try out the new features and updates before the official release. If you own a Pixel phone, you can install Android 14 Developer Preview and explore its features. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to install Android 14 Developer Preview on your Pixel phone.
Before You Begin
Before you start, make sure to back up all your data and files, as the process will erase all the data on your phone. Also, ensure that your Pixel phone has at least 50% battery and is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Step 1: Enroll in the Android Beta Program
To install Android 14 Developer Preview on your Pixel phone, you need to enroll in the Android Beta Program. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Android Beta Program website (https://www.google.com/android/beta).
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Scroll down to the “Your eligible devices” section and select the Pixel phone you want to enroll.
- Click on “Opt-in” and accept the terms and conditions.
- Wait for a few minutes until you receive an over-the-air (OTA) update notification on your phone.
Step 2: Install Android 14 Developer Preview
Once you receive the OTA update notification, follow these steps to install Android 14 Developer Preview on your Pixel phone:
- Tap on the OTA update notification and select “Download and Install.”
- Wait for the download to complete, and then select “Install Now.”
- Your phone will restart, and the installation process will begin.
- Wait for the installation process to complete. Your phone will restart again.
Step 3: Explore Android 14 Developer Preview
Once the installation process is complete, you can start exploring Android 14 Developer Preview on your Pixel phone. Some of the new features and updates you can expect to find in Android 14 Developer Preview include:
- New notification settings and controls, including the ability to snooze notifications and set custom notification categories.
- Enhanced privacy and security features, such as a Privacy Dashboard that shows you which apps are using your data and permissions.
- Improved multitasking and split-screen mode, allowing you to easily switch between apps and multitask more efficiently.
- Updated Material You design language, which provides a more personalized and customizable user experience.
Installing Android 14 Developer Preview on your Pixel phone is an excellent way to explore the new features and updates that Google has in store for the upcoming Android operating system. Follow the steps outlined in this article to enroll in the Android Beta Program and install Android 14 Developer Preview on your Pixel phone. As this is a developer preview, expect to experience some bugs and issues. However, with regular updates and bug fixes, Android 14 promises to be an exciting release for Pixel phone users.